Gurney Hotel, Penang

World Cup Dude!I had to leave early, and had breakfast at the main restaurant as my transport to G was at about 8.30 am. The boys were still fast asleep then - they had only slept after midnight. I later found out that after breakfast, Puan Anita and the boys spent a couple of hours in the pool! As the lunch break for my talks were a couple of hours, I walked back to Gurney Hotel to surprise the boys. They have just returned from the pool, Idlan was enjoying his ice-cream, while Puan Anita was getting ready to take them down for lunch.

I decided to take my camera out while walking back to G. The weather was really sunny on the afternoon, but the cool sea breeze kept things comfortable. I soon realised that the sea front along Gurney Drive had at least seven Bak Kut Teh restaurant - even more than the whole of Klang I thought! While waiting for the afternoon session to start, I had the chance to have a look around G. It certainly was very chic. The main lobby was expansive and open from one end to the next, giving the impression that it was more of a long corridor rather than a hotel lobby. Right next door was Gurney Plaza, an upscale mall by Penang standard, complete with multiplex cinemas. The banquet and conference service there were definitely state-of-the-art. It was a popular venue for weddings amongst the local upper middle-class.

The main lobby at Gurney HotelThe boys enjoying Shaun the Sheep! My favourite as well.Time for the pool. Nice slides but believe it or not, there was no wading pool.The infinity pool for adultsGym next to the pool, with beach sand of courseHmm! Let's work this one outThe session I had after lunch was quite long. I only arrived back to my room around 7 pm. After a quick wash, we headed for a drive around Georgetown, stopping for dinner at Padang Kota - more about that in the next entry. After dinner, me and the boys had another jacuzzi session before putting them to bed. The next morning, I woke up early in the hope of a quick photowalk around the Masjid Kapitan Keling area. Unfortunately the weather was gloomy. I skipped that instead.

After breakfast, they boys insisted on a session at the pool. Another quick dip, then it was time to pack up and check out. On the way back to KL, we stopped at KFC for lunch, then stopped by at Pahang Road to visit my grandmother. We finally reached Gombak just before 6 in the afternoon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...